Here is a perfectly delicious vegetarian side dish, Stuffed Sweet Peppers , to complement any main course meal.
Stuffed Sweet Peppers Recipe
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
Cuisine: Fusion/ Spanish
- 4 large sweet peppers remove tops
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3/4 cups mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sweet peppers finely chopped (taken from the tops of the sweet peppers)
- 2 small pimento peppers finely chopped
- 3/4 cups corn kernels
- 1/2 tsp. green seasoning
- 5 leaves chadon beni finely chopped
- 1 cup of rice cooked
- 2 cups cheese grated
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. celery
- 1 tsp. chive
- Salt to taste
- Grated cheese for topping
- Boil rice and set aside. Chop the carrots, garlic, onion and mushrooms. Drain the corn and place in a bowl. Wash and cut off the tops of the sweet pepper. Note: Don’t throw away the tops Take some of the tops and chop finely.
- Saute the pimento peppers, onions and garlic in the butter. Then add the carrots and mushrooms and saute for 1 minute. Add the the mushrooms, carrots, sweet pepper, and pimento pepper, add the chadon beni, chive and parsley, add the corn kernels and seasonings. Mix well. Turn off the fire.
- Add the rice. Mix well. Add the 1 cup of grated cheese. Mix well. Arrange the sweet peppers in a greased baking dish, add the veggie mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved