Stuffed Sweet Peppers II (Vegetarian)
Here is a perfectly delicious vegetarian side dish to complement any main course meal.
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Cuisine: Fusion/ Spanish
- 4 large sweet peppers, remove tops
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ cups mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup carrots, finely chopped
- ¼ cup sweet peppers, finely chopped (taken from the tops of the sweet peppers)
- 2 small pimento peppers, finely chopped
- ¾ cups corn kernels
- ½ tsp. green seasoning
- 5 leaves chadon beni, finely chopped
- 1 cup of rice, cooked
- 2 cups cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. celery
- 1 tsp. chive
- Salt to taste
- Grated cheese for topping
- Boil rice and set aside. Chop the carrots, garlic, onion and mushrooms. Drain the corn and place in a bowl. Wash and cut off the tops of the sweet pepper. Note: Don't throw away the tops Take some of the tops and chop finely.
- Saute the pimento peppers, onions and garlic in the butter. Then add the carrots and mushrooms and saute for 1 minute. Add the the mushrooms, carrots, sweet pepper, and pimento pepper, add the chadon beni, chive and parsley, add the corn kernels and seasonings. Mix well. Turn off the fire.
- Add the rice. Mix well. Add the 1 cup of grated cheese. Mix well. Arrange the sweet peppers in a greased baking dish, add the veggie mixture and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Top with the remaining cheese and bake for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Calories: 401 kcal Fat: 25.3 g Carbohydrates: 26 g Protein: 17.7 g
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved