Sweet peppers….they’re great in almost every cuisine we have on the island. Enjoy a Trini spin to this popular dish.
Prep Time: 3 hrs
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 3 hrs 40 mins
Cuisine: Fusion/ Spanish
- 4 large Sweet Peppers
- 1 1/2 lbs minced beef seasoned and marinated
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 3 seasoning peppers chopped
- Salt to taste
- Season meat to taste and marinate for at least 3 hours. Place in a pot and let it cook in it’s own juices. (Note: I used lots of fresh herbs and some green seasoning.)
- Wash the sweet peppers, cut off the tops and remove the seeds. Some of the sweet peppers may not be able to stand on its own, so you may have to cut a bit off the bottom to level them.
- Dice the tops of the sweet pepper and set aside.
- Heat the oil and saute the onions, ginger, garlic and seasoning pepper for 1 minute. Add the sweet pepper then the minced beef. Stir for 2 minutes, and then add 1 cup grated cheese and mix.
- Arrange the sweet peppers in a greased baking dish, and add the meat and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with the remaining cheese and bake for another 5 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved