Stir Fry Vegetables
- 4 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1/2 large onion or 1 small sliced
- 1 leaf of big leaf thyme chopped finely
- 6 leaves chadon beni chopped finely
- 6 cauliflower florets halved
- 1 carrot cut into sticks
- 2 pimento peppers sliced thinly
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 - 400 g can of baby corn drained
- 1 - 115 g can whole mushrooms halved
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Chop and organise the ingredients. Note: Speed and efficiency are needed when doing chinese cooking. What you can do is to arrange the ingredients, in separate bowls, in the order they are going into the wok. This will ensure that you also don't miss a step.
- Add the coconut oil to the wok over high heat. Add the ginger, onion, chadon beni, pimento peppers and thyme. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and baby corn; stir fry for about 30 seconds. Then add cauliflower, cabbage, carrots and sauces (soy and oyster); stir fry for 1 minute.
- Stir in sesame oil and toss well. Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved.