- 1 lb pork chopped, seasoned and marinated
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 6 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 to mato chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp. golden ray margarine
- Add the garlic, onion, and chadon beni (bandhania) to the seasoned pork. In a deep pot caramelize the sugar to a golden brown colour.
- Add the pork and stir to evenly coat with the sugar. Add the tomato, the golden ray butter (optional), the bay leaves and a little water and allow to simmer for 15 minutes in its own juices.
- Cover the pot when you're simmering for the 15 minutes Afterwards, pressure cook the pork for 40 minutes over a medium-high flame.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved