Stew Oxtail II
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
Cuisine: Caribbean, Creole
- 1 lb beef oxtail, seasoned and marinated
- 4 potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Salt to taste
- Season and marinated the oxtail for at least an hour. Heat the oil and add the sugar over a medium flame.
- When the sugar has a golden colour, add the oxtail and stir. Make sure the oxtail gets evenly coated with the caramelized sugar. (Note: Watch out for the hot caramelized sugar. It burns badly).
- Allow the oxtail to cook in its own juices for approximately 5 minutes. Add water to cover the meat and pressure cook for about 15 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and enough water again; pressure cook until the oxtail is tender.
- Serve with rice.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved