Stew Oxtail and Melongene is a great dish for when you want a simple meal.
- 1 1/2 lb Oxtail
- 2 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 small onion chopped
- 8 celery leaves chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 small tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pimento pepper chopped
- 2 medium eggplant peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. oil to saute the oxtail
- Season the meat with the green seasoning. Add the tomatoes, onion, parsley, garlic, garlic and pimento pepper.
- Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Saute the seasoned oxtail in the oil.
- Add the water and cover to pressure cook for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the melongene and leave to cook for another 10 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- Serve over rice.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved