Stew Oxtail and Melongene (Eggplant)
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
- 1½ lb Oxtail
- 2 tbsp green seasoning
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 celery leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 pimento pepper, chopped
- 2 medium eggplant, peeled and sliced
- 1½ cup water
- 2 tsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. oil to saute the oxtail
- Season the meat with the green seasoning. Add the tomatoes, onion, parsley, garlic, garlic and pimento pepper.
- Cover and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Saute the seasoned oxtail in the oil.
- Add the water and cover to pressure cook for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the melongene and leave to cook for another 10 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in tomato paste.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- Serve over rice.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved