- 1 lb fish I used Carite but King fish can be used also
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 sprig celery chopped
- 1 pimento pepper chopped
- 1 leaf big leaf thyme chopped
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash parsley
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp golden ray margarine
- 1 1/2 cup water divided
- Wash the fish with the lemon and drain. Season with green seasoning, garlic, onion, tomatoes, pimento peppers, big leaf thyme, salt, paprika and parsley. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil over a medium flame. While the oil is heating, scrape the seasoning from the fish and set aside. Add the seasoning and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the fish and let it steam for 1 minute. Add half cup of water and cover the pot. Allow to cook until tender ( about 10 minutes).
- Note: Try not to turn the fish too much while cooking to avoid breaking it up. Add the golden ray margarine.
- The fish is cooked but now we have to make the sauce. Add the tomato paste and 1 cup of water. Allow to simmer for about two minutes. Adjust salt if necessary.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved