Stew Fish II
- 3/4 lb fish fillets you can use any fish you like
- 1 lime
- 1 sprig celery chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 9 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 3 pimento peppers chopped (divided)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 sweet pepper chopped
- Approx. 3/4 cup flour for dusting
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Oil for frying
- Wash the fillets in water with the juice of the lime added. Season with celery, onion, pimento peppers, chadon beni, garlic and salt. Marinate for an hour. Scrape off most of the seasoning and set aside.
- Dust the fish with flour. Fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels. Saute the seasoning that was set aside together with the ginger for one minute. Add the tomatoes and sweet pepper and saute for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, sugar and 1 cup of water. Add the fried fish and let simmer for 1 minute. Serve over rice.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved.