Steamed Fish with Stir Fried Veggies
- 16 oz. pack of white fish fillets
- 1 each of red green and yellow sweet peppers
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tsp. minced ginger root or powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. five spice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 4 oz mushrooms
- Green seasoning to marinate the fish
- Remove the seeds from the peppers and julienne into thin strips. Blend the garlic, ginger, 2 tsp. of green seasoning, water, and five spice. Pour over the fish and allow it to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Chop the mushrooms and set aside. Place the peppers in 2 tbsp of oil and allow it to cook until slightly tender. Toss in the mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes. Cover and set aside.
- Place only the fish in a deep sauce pan or pot with 2 tbsp of oil and allow to cook. Turn it over after 5 minutes and let it cook on the other side.
- Combine the cornstarch, sugar and the remaining marinating sauce and pour over the fish. Allow to simmer for another 10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the sauce is thickened.
- Remove from the pot and place in a casserole dish and top with the vegetables.
- Place the casserole dish in a preheated oven and allow to continue to cook for about 10 minutes at 250 degrees F. Remove and serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved