Steamed Fish with Chive and Lemongrass Butter
- 1 6- oz pack of white fish fillets
- green seasoning to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
- chive and lemongrass butter unsalted
- 2 blades of lemongrass optional
- 1 lime
- Wash the fish with lime and season with the green seasoning and paprika. Marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place fish on a square sheet of foil and dot with the chive and lemongrass butter.
- Add lemongrass leaves if desired. Note: I added the leaves because I wanted to push the lemongrass flavours a bit.
- Cover with another sheet of foil then seal.
- Place on a baking sheet or flat pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Open the packet carefully and discard lemongrass. Serve hot.
After seeing the packet expand like a balloon I know next time to prick with a fork to allow the steam to escape.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved