Split Fried Channa
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
- 1 lb. dried chick peas
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Chadon Beni, minced
- hot pepper to taste, chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ Tbsp. salt or to taste
- Coconut oil, for frying
- Soak channa overnight making sure the water covers the peas. Rinse and drain.
- Boil in water with baking soda added until it froths. Drain under cold water.
- Roll between a towel or cloth to remove skins easily.
- Note: This is where the work starts. You’ll have to remove the skins of the whole batch.
- Add channa to deep pot.
- Cover with oil.
- Fry over a low flame until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Add garlic, hot pepper, chadon beni and salt in a bowl.
- Add fried channa and mix thoroughly. Serve cool. Enjoy!
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved