Spanish Rice is one of our popular tasty rice dishes enjoyed during the Christmas season.
Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 37 mins
Course: Rice Dishes
Cuisine: Spanish/ Hispanic
- 1 cup rice
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 pimento peppers finely chopped
- 2 leaves chadon beni finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 cup sweet pepper finely chopped
- 2 large or 4 small tomatoes diced
- 1-2 tsp salt optional
- 1/2 cup cheese Parmesan, grated
- Boil rice and drain. Set aside. (Note: Boil in unsalted water).
- Step 2
- Saute onion, garlic, sweet pepper, pimento pepper, and celery until onion is tender and translucent.
- Add tomato, salt and black pepper. Cook over low flame for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add rice and mix evenly.
- Turn off stove, add cheese and mix lightly. Serve hot.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved