Spaghetti and Meatballs Trinistyle
- 1 pack spaghetti 400g about 7 cups cooked pasta
- 1 lb. mince meat seasoned
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup biscuit crumbs or bread crumbs
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- Oil for frying optional
- Season the mince meat and leave to marinate overnight. (The minced meat was seasoned this time with garlic, pimento peppers, onion, chive, celery, culantro, thyme, parsley, paprika, oregano, basil, and salt).
- Cook the meat in a deep pot over a medium flame. Add a little water and cook until the meat is tender . Strain and remove most of the meat from the pot and set aside to cool.
- Biscuit crumbs were for the meat balls this time. Place the biscuits in a clean towel and crushed them with a bailna (rolling pin). Set aside. Add the egg and biscuit crumbs or bread crumbs. Mix and roll into meat balls about 2 inches in diameter.
- You may have to add more crumbs to ensure the meat binds in a ball. Fry the meat balls in a deep pot or frying pan. Fry until they are golden brown. (Note: Add more oil and deep fry for a crispier texture).
- Place on a plate to drain. Pour the tomato sauce over the remaining mince meat and mix well. (Season with finely chopped chive, cilantro, and parsley if desired. Some tomato sauce comes prepared with seasonings.).
- Cook over a low flame for about 5 minutes. Add the meat balls to the pot. Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved