Recipe type: Desserts
- 2 cups soursop pulp, Seeded, pureed and sieved (Guanabana))
- 2 tbsp lime juice ( lemon juice could be used also)
- ¾ cup sugar, granulated
- Peel and separate the seed from the pulp.
- Blend with 1 cup of water and place the pulp in a fine strainer or sieve. Note: Use the back of a pot spoon to press the pulp. This is very labour intensive but worth it! The finished pulp ready to use..
- Add the lime juice and sugar. Blend until the sugar dissolves. Place in a metal baking pan and cover with foil. Freeze until firm (about 3 hours).
- Note: Alternatively, you can freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Let the sorbet soften at room temperature before serving.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved.