Soursop Ice Cream
- 1 cup soursop yogurt we used the Pax brand from Mt. St. Benedict
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup soursop pulp seeds removed
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup sugar You can use granulated or the light brown sugar. Which ever you have at home
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- Prepare your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Whisk all the ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and chill overnight.
- Place milk mixture into freezer container of an ice-cream maker,
- and churn according to manufacturer’s instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
- Note: In this case we’re using a kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment. Churning time was about 20 minutes.
- Transfer ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer.
- Freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or serve immediately.
- Here’s how to make the ice cream without using an ice cream maker.
- Chill the ice cream mixture in an ice bath.
- Pour mixture in a bowl (plastic, stainless steel) and freeze.
- Check after 45 mins…When it starts to freeze around the edges whisk it vigorously and place back in freezer.
- Check every 30 mins and whisk vigorously every time.
- Continue checking the ice cream stirring every time while the ice cream freezes.
- It will take about 2 – 3 hours to make the ice cream this way depending on the coldness of your freezer.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved