- 2 cups 500 ml digestive biscuit crumbs
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp unflavoured gelatin
- 1/3 cup water
- 450 g softened cream cheese
- 1 cup soursop
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup whipped cream
- Blend the biscuit until fine in a food processor. Mix in the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Melt the butter and pour 1/4 cup into the biscuit.
- Combine the ingredients then press into the bottom of a 9 inch or 23 cm baking pan or spring form pan.
- Set aside. Chill until ready to use.
- Peel the sour sop, remove the pulp and strain to capture 1 cup of pure pulp.
- Note: Do not add water.
- One cup of strained, undiluted soursop pulp.
- Pour the gelatin in the water then heat until gelatin has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Note: I prefer to heat the gelatin in boiling water using the double boiler method.
- Cream the cheese until smooth.
- Stir in together the soursop, whipped cream and the condensed milk.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Pour in the gelatin. Mix well.
- Pour into the shell and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved