Sour Cherry Jam
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Spreads
- 4 cups sour cherries (West India gooseberries)
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups sugar
- 2½ cups water
- Wash the sour cherries and the bay leaves.
- Place in a deep pot. Add sugar and water.
- Boil for 45 minutes under medium heat stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- When it achieves a reddish brown colour and is syrupy, turn off stove and leave to cool.
- Place in a sterilized bottle and refrigerate when cool.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved