Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
- 1 lb sorrel sepals washed an dried
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 sm piece cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Remove sorrel sepals from seeds, rinse and dry.
- In medium pot combine sorrel, water and sugar.
- Stir well to blend bring mixture to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce to a simmer add all spices . Stir to blend. Let simmer for 5 to 7 min.
- Add orange juice and zest mix thoroughly allow to cool before serving.
This sauce is a bit thick for some people. If you want the sauce a little thinner just add water to your liking.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved