- 6 cups sorrel cleaned and diced
- 2 tbsp. amchar masala
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 hot pepper
- 1 cup water for boiling sepals
- Salt to taste
- Wash the sorrel and remove the sepals. Note: Cutting around the seed at the bottom makes it easier and safer to remove the sepals.
- Cut the sepals; each in four. Pour one cup of water into a deep pot and heat over medium flame. Add the sepals and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes. Just enough to get the sepals soft.
- Strain to remove the excess water.
- Add the amchar masala to the sepals. Mix.
- Heat the oil then saute garlic and pepper.
- Mix in the sorrel sepals. Allow to cook for another 3 minutes. Adjust salt to taste. Remove and allow to cool. Place in sterilized bottle and refrigerate.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved