Sorrel Flavoured Gelatin
- 1 tbsp. gelatin unflavoured
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sorrel juice unsweeten
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup dried sorrel
- Sugar to sweeten sorrel juice
- In a deep pot, place the dried sorrel in water and allow it to boil for about 12 minutes. Strain the liquid. Set aside.
- Place gelatin in a bowl and add the cold water. Allow it to soak (2 minutes). Place the gelatin in a sauce pan with the sorrel juice and sugar and bring to a boil until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the fire and strain.
- Place in a small bowl and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Best served with evaporated milk
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved.