Sorrel Chicken is exquisite in taste. The sweet mixed in with the savoury; mixed in with the Trini Style cooking is a wonderful conglomeration of flavours
- 2 lbs chicken I used leg and thigh
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 cups sorrel pulp with juice semi-sweet
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup raisins or currants
- 1/2 tsp. pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Remove skin from chicken and season to taste. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Mix the sorrel, orange juice, cinnamon, raisins, pepper flakes, garlic powder and onion in a bowl. Set aside.
- Brown chicken and place in a baking dish. Pour sorrel mixture over chicken and cover with foil, let chicken marinate for 20 minutes.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for about 1-1 1/2 hours or until tender.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved