Sorrel Chicken is exquisite in taste. The sweet mixed in with the savoury; mixed in with the Trini Style cooking is a wonderful conglomeration of flavours
Recipe type: Meats
- 2 lbs chicken ( I used leg and thigh )
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 cups sorrel pulp with juice (semi-sweet)
- ⅔ cup orange juice
- ⅓ cup raisins or currants
- ½ tsp. pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Remove skin from chicken and season to taste. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Mix the sorrel, orange juice, cinnamon, raisins, pepper flakes, garlic powder and onion in a bowl. Set aside.
- Brown chicken and place in a baking dish. Pour sorrel mixture over chicken and cover with foil, let chicken marinate for 20 minutes.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for about 1-1½ hours or until tender.
Calories: 287 kcal Fat: 13.1 g Carbohydrates: 9.7 g Protein: 31.5 g Cholesterol: 106 mg
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved