There is something about sour cherry soaked in garlic, pepper, and chadon beni.
- 4 cups sour cherry
- 10 cloves garlic crushed
- 10 leaves chadon beni chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper sliced in half
- 5 cups water to soak
- 1/2 cup salt
- hot water to sterilize
- Clean and wash the cherries.
- Sterilize the bottle with hot water.
- Place the cherries in the bottle. Add garlic.
- Add the chopped chadon beni and pepper.
- Add the salt, pepper and 5 cups water.
- Soak for 1 week in as much sunlight as possible.
- Strain and let dry. Enjoy.
As an added step wash and sterilize the bottle again with hot water and you can place the sour cherries back there then refrigerate.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved