- 3 c plum green or half ripe
- 7 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp salt
- 1 hot pepper scotch bonnet
- 10 chadon beni leaves
- A glass bottle/s to hold the plums
- Wash and mark plums lengthwise using a small knife.
- Clean and crush the garlic and chop the chadon beni leaves.
- Then layer by adding the chadon beni, plum, some cloves of garlic and a few pieces of hot pepper
- Continue layering until the bottle is full
- Add the salt and water and soak for a week or until the plums change colour.
Sterilize bottles with hot water and set aside.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved