- 2 bundles pak choi
- 1 cup black eyed peas
- 1 cup bulgur wheat cous cous or quinoa, soaked
- 1 large onion sliced
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste optional
- 3 cups water for pak choi
- Wash and chop the pak choi leaves discarding the white stalks. Place in 3 cups boiling water until wilted.
- Drain and set aside.
- Pressure cook the black eyed peas for 18 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl mix the black eyed peas, bulgur wheat, pak choi, black pepper and salt.
- In a medium sized pot heat the olive oil and caramelize the onions.
- Note: As I’ve said before caramelizing onions is easy. Just take your time and let them brown slowly until you get the desired colour. I like mine light brown.
- When the desired colour is reached add the mixture of black eyed peas and pak choi and toss for about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Optionally, pour the Sleek into a dish afterward. Allow to cool. Serve.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved