- 1 cup jasmin rice uncooked
- 1/2 cup onion diced finely
- 2 small pimento diced finely (approx 1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chadon beni minced
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp parsley
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- Boil the rice for 15 minutes on a low simmer and set aside.
- Place a dry skillet or pot over low heat.
- Add the sesame seeds and toast until golden stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Next, saute the onion, pimento and ginger.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the rice and sesame seeds. Lightly toss.
- Finally add the chadon beni, parsley, black pepper, salt, and sesame oil. Lightly toss again. Serve hot.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved