This seafood Chowder has rich combination of seafood and vegetables. This dish is quite satisfying and hearthy.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Keywords: chowder, soup, seafood chowder, broth style chowder
- 1½ cups (10.75 ounce) milk
- 1 (8ounce) container fat free cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or two cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) can condense cream of celery or mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1½ cups chopped potatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ pound medium fresh or thawed frozen shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ½ pound fresh or thawed frozen firm white fish fillet, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Place ½ cup milk, cream cheese, garlic in a large pot over low heat. Cook and stir until blended. Mix in soup, onions, carrots, corn with liquid, potatoes, parsley, dill, and remaining milk. Season with black pepper and cayenne pepper. Simmer 25 minutes. Do not boil.
- Mix the shrimp, and fish fillet and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until seafood is opaque. Garnish as desired.
Click the link to download PDF of this recipe.