This delightful drink is generally considered an elixir and aphrodisiac. It is believed to be an excellent reviver and energizer.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Servings: 5 cups
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
- lb. sea moss
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1 pk 250ml evaporated milk
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 limes
- 2 tsp. Angostura bitters
- Sugar to taste
- Clean the sea moss and soak with lime juice overnight.
- Wash and boil with the cinnamon until the sea moss becomes jelly like. Remove the cinnamon. Bend and strain the mixture. Leave to cool.
- Place in a blender and add milk (condensed and evaporated). Blend until it becomes smooth and lose.
- Add bitters and sugar to taste. Mix well and serve with ice.
Click the link to download PDF of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved
1 thought on “Sea Moss Drink”
What is the condensed and evaporated milk for?
Comments are closed.