- 1/2 lb saltfish salted pollock or shark
- 1 medium-size onion chopped
- 2 tbsp hot pepper sauce or half a hot pepper or add pepper to taste
- 1 sprig chive chopped
- 1/2 lemon or 1 lime
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- Boil, clean and debone the Saltfish. Break into small pieces and wash to take out excess salt. Take up handfuls of saltfish and squeeze out water.
- In a separate bowl add onion, chive, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice and pepper to saltfish and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate or serve right away.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved