Servings: 13 - 18
- 2 cups flour sifted
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ lb. salt fish boiled and flaked
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. celery finely chopped
- 1 bundle chive finely chopped
- 1 small onion grated
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 sprigs thyme finely chopped
- Oil for frying
- Hot pepper and salt to taste optional
- Combine the flour, baking powder, onion, garlic, the rest of the seasonings, and the saltfish.
- Pour some water at a time and mix the ingredients until a soft batter is made.
- Dip a tablespoon in a bowl of water before dipping it in the batter. Drop tablespoons of the batter into hot oil.
- Fry until slightly golden. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved