Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Appetizers
Cuisine: East Indian
- 6 dasheen leaves ( stems removed)
- 1 tsp. saffron (tumeric) powder
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. yeast
- 1½ cup split peas powder
- 2½ cups flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. green seasoning
- 2 cups water
- few drops of lime juice
- Fold the leaves and cut off where the stem joins to the leaf. Chop the dasheen leaves finely. Add the rest of ingredients.
- (Note: Don't forget the lime juice or else it will itch!). Mix thoroughly. Leave to rest for ½ an hour.
- Heat the oil over a medium flame. Have a small bowl of water nearby. Dip your hands in the water, then pick up a bit of the dough and spread with your hands.
- Fry until golden. Drain and serve with kuchela or chutney.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved