- 1 8 oz. 230g tin of water chestnuts
- 1 pack of tender sweet bacon or turkey bacon 200g
- The steps are simple really, just take a water chestnut, roll it in the bacon and stick with a tooth pick.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F. Note: Because of the fat from the bacon you don't need to grease the baking sheet
- P.S. As a variation you can use seafood for the centre instead of the water chestnuts and turkey bacon as shown if you don't eat pork. You can add your different sauces etc. while the rumaki bakes in the oven. You can try barbecue sauce, soy sauce, a garlic butter or a lemon butter if you wish.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved