- 1 1/2- 2 cups rice
- 1 cup green peas garden peas, petits pois
- 1 tbsp. ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. garlic finely chopped
- 1 large pimento finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. celery finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter 1/4 stick
- Salt to taste
- Chop garlic, pimento, celery and ginger.
- Boil rice and drain. (Note: To add flavor to rice, boil it in chicken or beef stock.)
- Place the frozen green peas in hot water for 15 minutes to make sure it thaws and the wrinkles are removed. The peas should look nice and plump before you use it. Add the butter to a deep pot. Allow it to melt over a low flame to prevent the butter from burning.
- Add the garlic, pimento, celery, and ginger. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the ingredients are soft.
- Add the peas and half the portion of rice to the pot, and mix.
- Then add the rest of the rice; add salt gradually and mix thoroughly. Serve warm.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved