- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 2 cup diced chicken meat or sausage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 green sweet pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cup baby corn chopped
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tbs ginger grated
- 2 cup rice
- 4 cup chicken stock or water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese optional
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- Boil the rice with the turmeric powder, bay leaves and 1/4 tsp salt. Drain and set aside.
- In a pot, heat 2 tbsp oil. Saute the ginger, onion and garlic until tender. Note: You can add the bay leaves ( from the rice before) to push the flavour.
- Add the baby corn and water chestnuts. Stir. Then add the sweet peppers, mushrooms and diced sausage or meat of choice. Stir for 1 minute or until meat is cooked through. Note: I’m adding that extra note for those of you who would like to try a different meat like shrimp or mussels. In my case I used chicken salami so not much cooking would be required.
- Lower flame, add rice and mix well. Adjust salt if desired. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and mix (optional). Serve hot.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved