Recipe type: Appetizers
- 6 green long mango (large)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1½ tsp. red food colouring (liquid)
- 1 piece of spice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups water
- Chop the green mango. Place the chopped green mango and the pieces of spice in a deep pot.
- Add the sugar, water, pepper and food colouring. Bring to boil. Boil mango for about 35 minutes or until the syrup is thick and the mango skin is soft. Remove from the flame and set aside to cool.
- Store in sterilized container.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved