Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
Cuisine: East Indian
- 1 lb. Chicken parts (back and neck, gizzard etc.)
- 2 tbsp. geera (cumin)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 leaves chadon beni
- 1 sprig of chive
- 1 pimento
- fine leaf thyme
- 1 hot Pepper (scotch bonnet)
- Salt to taste (about ¼ tsp.)
- Wash and season the meat with the salt thyme, chadon beni, onion, pimento, chive and 2 of the garlic cloves (chopped).
- Add the curry. Mix thoroughly and leave to marinate for about an hour.
- Saute the other two cloves of garlic in some oil and add the meat. Add the pepper. Add water and allow meat to cook. When almost done, add the geera and mix well.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved