Coconut Ice Cream
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
Serves: approx 4 quarts
- 2 coconut
- 2 tins evaporated milk (410g)
- 4 tins condensed milk (390g )
- 1 pk. custard powder (200g)
- 4 cups water, divided
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. mixed essence
- 2 pks. salt (500g)
- Add the custard to 2 cups water and stir over low heat. Continue stirring until the custard thickens.
- Make the coconut milk. In a large bowl mix the coconut milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk, cornstarch, sugar and mixed essence.
- Strain the mixture while pouring it into the can. Set the dasher inside. Fill ¾ of the can with the mixture. Place the can inside the pail and assemble the crank. Add ice and salt and turn the crank until it gets stiff to turn. Churning the coconut ice cream will take some time.
- The ice cream would take about half an hour to make. To further ripen the ice cream just place it in the freezer until it is ready to be served.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved