Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Cuisine: Syrian / Lebanese
- 1¾ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup coarsely chopped seeded tomato
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped onions or red onions
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced fresh onion
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint leaves, freshly chopped (optional)
- Wash the quinoa in water to remove the bitterness.
- Add 1¾ cups of water. Bring to boil and cook until the water is entirely absorbed.
- Stir to make sure the quinoa does not stick together. Set aside to cool.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the cooked quinoa.
- Mix together the olive oil, lime juice, black pepper, salt and minced onion.
- Pour into the salad and toss together.
- Cover. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved