I have for you busy readers and cooks, a quick and easy cake recipe for this hectic Christmas season. It will help you save time to spend with the family and relieve yourself of all the stress of getting the long “to do” list done.
Prep Time: 4 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 34 mins
- 2 cup self rising flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 large eggs size 3
- Heat oven at 325 degrees . Grease a 9″ tin or mold and line with grease proof paper. Sift flour and baking powder in bowl. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs.
- Place the measured butter and sugar to a bowl. Add eggs and beat for one minute.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Beat mixture for 3 minutes. Mixture should become pale and slightly glossy.
- Spoon mixture into prepared greased pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes. Cake is ready when skewer inserted comes out clean.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved