Quick Mix Sponge Cake
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
- 2 cup self rising flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 large eggs (size 3)
- Heat oven at 325 degrees . Grease a 9″ tin or mold and line with grease proof paper. Sift flour and baking powder in bowl. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs.
- Place the measured butter and sugar to a bowl. Add eggs and beat for one minute.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder.
- Beat mixture for 3 minutes. Mixture should become pale and slightly glossy.
- Spoon mixture into prepared greased pan. Smooth the surface.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes. Cake is ready when skewer inserted comes out clean.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved