Quick Cheese Bread
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Breads
Serves: about 10 slices
- 2 cups all-purpose wheat flour, white, bleached, enriched
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup low fat milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 4 tsp. baking powder, aluminum free
- ½ tsp. salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F or 170 degrees C. Butter the loaf pan (9 x 5inches) and set aside.
- In a deep bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Fold in the cheese. Make a well in the center.
- In a second bowl, beat the eggs and fold in the milk and oil.
- Pour liquid mixture into the flour mixture. Mix well with a wooden spoon or mixer. Do not knead.
- Pour dough into greased pan. Cover with wax paper and let stand for 20 minutes. Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes.
- Unmold and serve.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved