Puffs (Choux Pastry)
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Breads
Serves: 15 large or 24 medium puffs
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 eggs
- (A dash of grated lemon zest would take away the fresh scent from the egg).
- In a saucepan, bring water to boil. Add butter to melt. Add the flour at once; stir over heat until the mixture forms a panada (a ball in the center of the pot). Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add one unbeaten egg at a time to the panada. Beat well until stiff.
- Drop on a greased cookie sheet 2” apart. Start oven at 450°F and bake for 15 minutes. Cool puffs then fill as desired. Puff are crisp when finished baking but softens later.
- Fill with cheese paste or any of your favourite fillings
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved