Provision and Saltfish
Servings: 3 - 5
- ½ lb. dasheen* or cassava or eddoes
- 6 green figs
- ½ lb. boneless saltfish
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 sprigs chive finely chopped
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 sprig fine leaf thyme
- 2 red tomatoes
- 1 Green sweet pepper
- Coconut oil to saute
- Boil the provision and saltfish (separately). When done, peel the fig and slice the other provisions.
- Set aside. Wash and clean the saltfish and break up into small pieces. Set aside.
- Cut up tomatoes, onions, and other seasonings.
- Saute onions, garlic and seasonings. Add saltfish and tomatoes and a little water. Cook for about 10 minutes.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved