Potato Pie (Baked)
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 1½ lbs potato
- 1 cup cheese + extra for topping
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup whole kernel corn
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 pimento pepper, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1½ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 red sweet pepper
- Parsley and paprika for garnish
- Wash and boil potatoes. Peel and cut into cubes. Set aside.
- MAKE THE WHITE SAUCE: Melt the butter, add the pimento pepper, onion and flour. Let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add the milk and stir until it thickens, then turn off stove. Add the mushrooms and whole kernel corn to the cubed potatoes
- Pour the white sauce over the potatoes and mix. Add the cheese, celery and sweet pepper and mix evenly
- Place in a greased dish 12" x 8" x 2". Top with grated cheese and garnish with parsley and paprika.
- Note: For the cheese I grated 1 cup of Cheddar Cheese to mix and I used grated Parmesan on the top.
- Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes. Serve cool.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved