Potato Au Gratin
- 1 medium onion
- 1 1/2 pound potatoes
- 1 1/2 -2 cups milk whole
- 1/2 cup grated cheese cheddar
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. salt optional
- 1 pimento pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chive and celery
- Paprika and parsley garnish
- Peel and slice the potatoes.
- Heat the butter in a large pot or skillet add the onion, pimento, chive and celery and saute until tender. Add the flour and continue to cook for about two minutes. Remove from the flame and sprinkle the salt.
- Place the potatoes in a greased baking dish 12" x 8" x 2". Brush the butter and flour paste over the different layers of potatoes.
- Continue layering until all the potatoes are used up. Top the last layer with the grated cheese. Pour the milk into the baking dish. Garnish with paprika and parsley.
- Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 30-45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the top forms a golden crust.
- Leave to cool about 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved.