Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Drink
Serves: 4 - 5 750ml bottles
- 4 lbs Pommerac
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 5 L water
- TO SWEETEN
- 5 c sugar
- 1 c raisins
- Boil the 5L of water and set aside to cool.
- Wash and cut the Pommerac.
- Pour the water into the sterilized bucket and add the pommerac.
- Add the yeast and 4 cups of sugar and stir.
- Cover lightly and leave in a cool place for 21 days
- Sterilize the utensils again with hot water.
- Remove the fruits from the bucket and throw away.
- Then strain using a very fine cloth or sieve.
- Sweeten with the 5 cups of sugar.
- Pour in sterilized bottles and add the raisins. Leave for 10 days.
- After the 10 days strain again and pour into sterilized “rum bottles” and store in a cool dry place.
Sterilize all the utensils using hot water.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved