Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 15 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 35 mins
Calories: 1833 kcal
- 2 cup cranberries; fresh or frozen
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 egg; large slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter; melted
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar; shredded
- 1 tbsp. orange peel; grated
- 1/2 cup walnuts; coarsely chopped
- 2 cup unbleached Flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. then grease a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan; set aside. Cut the cranberries in half and set aside in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the milk, egg, butter, and orange peel and set aside.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl. Add the halved cranberries, cheese and nuts.
- Toss with a fork to distribute. Add the milk mixture all at once and stir the flour mixture until just moistened.
- Turn into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan. Cool to room temperature on the wire rack before slicing.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved