- 1 hand green plantain
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste garnish with seasonings to your liking, chadon beni , or garlic
- Cut off both ends of the plantain and make a mark on the skin. Bring some water to boil. Turn off the flame and add the plantains. Leave for 2 -3 minutes until the skin changes colour. Remove the skin.
- Note: Submerging the plantains in hot water allows for easier removal of the skins. I usually remove the skins under a flowing tap.
- Slice the plantains thinly. Wash the plantain, add more water and refrigerate for 1 hour. Drain and pat dry with a cloth.
- Note: You have to dry every single chip and make sure none of them stick to each other. Place in a large pot then add enough oil to cover the plantain chips. Fry on a low flame until golden and floats. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle salt to taste.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved