Pink Vegetable Rice
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Rice Dishes
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup diced carrot
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup celery chopped
- 2-3 tbsp. grated beetroot
- ½ cup corn
- ½ cup chopped sweet pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 pimento chopped
- Oil to saute (about 1 tbsp)
- Salt to taste
- First, prepare all the ingredients. Boil the rice and set aside.
- Chop your ingredients and set them aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pot.
- Saute the onion in the oil for 3 minutes, or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Then add the chopped carrots chopped sweet pepper, corn and grated beetroot.
- Add the chopped celery. Mix well.
- Finally, add the rice to the vegetables and mix until an even colour is achieved.
- Add a little salt to taste. Garnish with chopped chive.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved