Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 1 pineapple
- 15 leaves chadon beni
- 1 head of garlic (about 12 cloves)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cut off both ends and peel the pineapple. Set aside the skin but don't throw it away. You can use this for pineapple juice.
- After peeling use a knife to gouge out the "eyes". Clean the garlic and chop the chadon beni leaves leaves finely.
- Slice the pineapple into about ½ inch thick pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the chadon beni, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add a little water about ½ cup. Check the taste and adjust the salt and pepper. Then leave to marinate for about an hour.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved