Servings: 5 - 6
- 1 lb meat pigs feet
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pimento pepper
- 1 bunch watercress optional
- Salt to taste optional
- 1- 2 cucumbers
- 1 green hot pepper
- 3 limes
- 1 medium sized onion sliced
- Cold water
- 10 leaves chadon beni
- Clean the meat and soak it in some water and lime. Season the meat with some green seasoning, garlic and onion.
- Pressure cook for about ½ hour or until the meat has fallen off the bone. Remove from the pressure cooker and place in a bowl. Wash out the excess oil. Set aside and cool.
- Blend chadon beni and seasoning pepper to make green seasoning.
- Place meat in serving bowl. Pour cold water over meat to cover. Arrange sliced onions, finely chopped hot green pepper over meat.
- Pour some more green seasoning over it. Add lime juice and salt to taste. Leave to marinate for about 2 hours before serving.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh crisp watercress (optional).
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved