Pig Snout and Bean With Rice
- 1 lb snout chopped
- 1 lb bean harvester bean
- 1 1/2 c rice
- 1/2 med onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 pimento peppers chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp pepper sauce
- Boil the rice, strain and set aside.
- Cut up and boil snout (15-20 min). Drain and set aside.
- Note: Just add enough water to cover the pig snout in the pot.
- Cut up the bean. Note that you are cutting up the bean into four length ways, then cut across to make smaller pieces.
- Heat oil and saute the garlic.
- Then add the onion and pimento pepper.
- Add the snout and fry for 2 min mix thoroughly.
- Add the bean then add the soy sauce and pepper .
- Add a little water (about 1/4 cup)
- Cover and simmer for 10 - 15 minutes or until the bean is tender and most of the water evaporated.
- Serve over rice.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved